Friday, October 9, 2015

Where is the 'perfect' home?


I'm having a crisis of faith.

Maybe that's an overstatement but I am on a mad-hunt for a house in Dunwoody and, so far, the perfect home alludes me. The reason I call it a 'crisis of faith' is because I have prayed specifically for a home that "feels" right ... an address that "sounds" right ... a neighborhood that "looks" right. I've prayed for a home with a price that reflects godly stewardship and a floor plan that allows for the flow of fellowship.

After checking out fifteen addresses today (yes, 15!), I eliminated 11 and wondered about the other four ... but, of those 4, two are in the wrong zip code, one came up short related to storage, and the other needs a significant face lift out front! Is there a perfect house for us OR is what we bring to the table what makes it perfect?

Lord, I'm going to bed now. I'm tired but praying for a spirit of contentment, a heart of wisdom, and a mind of clarity. Tomorrow is a new day ... not much time (or desire) to hunt houses again so soon ... but still a new day brings with it the promise of new possibilities. I commit this process to you ... again.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Look at you! Traveling, house hunting and blogging! Praying for the right house.