Sunday, October 4, 2015

I'm glad the Saints won!

I try hard not to be crazy and fanatical when it comes to sports. I want to enjoy the games without stressing out over wins and losses. I like wearing purple and gold or black and gold to show support but not wearing a grumpy face the day after a game just because we came up with less points. But, like I said, I try. I don't always succeed.

Tonight, I watched the Saints and Cowboys go back and forth with the lead ... miss a game-winning field goal ... and finally grab the win in overtime with a big Brees-to-Spiller TD pass and run. Yep, it felt better to watch that touchdown than it did to watch that missed field goal. I guess I still have a lot of 'trying' to do and, apparently, with a season like this, I'll have a lot more tries!

This is not the only area of my life that needs improvement. With much life change ahead, I need to get 'unstuck' ... there's too much life to be lived (and boxes to be packed) to keep running around in the same circles. I'm praying for the week ahead ...

  • to make a plan (maybe an actual list) of what closets and drawers and attics I will go through and deadlines for when I'll go through them.
  • to create a promo piece for the upcoming Holiday Market to recruit more vendors and start engaging interested buyers.
  • to prepare for my house-hunting day on Friday ... God knows our needs; we know our wants; that He would show us the house He wants us to live in for His glory. 
  • to get to bed earlier each night so I can get up fresher each morning.
I'm glad the Saints won. True dat! But I'll be even more glad if, at the end of this week, I can look back and know that I have moved closer to being the person God has created me to be rather than settling for 'stuck.'

No comments: