Monday, October 12, 2015

Get 'er done!

On most days, as Allen and I wrap up the day, he asks me either how my day went or what I did that day at work. Since the make-up of my days is rarely the same and, a lot of times, they are a mishmash of unpredictability, it's hard to recount how I spend my hours in a way that would seem productive, especially to him.

However, today, my response could have been build around this flyer:

I started working on the flyer early because I knew I was behind the curve. I need more vendors and I need to attract spenders, so publicity has got to get rolling. So, as is the case typically in my 'world,' I created the flyer, printed the flyer, and then posted it around campus. When I got back to the office, I created a Facebook event and invited lots and lots of local peeps to the fun. I've gotten some good feedback already (except for the one person who is disappointed it is called a 'holiday' market). I've got about three weeks to spread the word far and wide. Here's hoping I get lots of help spreading the word from lots of other folks!

Other things that happened today:

  • Sellers countered with a number that is higher than the neighborhood home value averages/comps can support (in my opinion), so we hold steady for now.
  • Good discussion at Brown Bag as we reviewed Red Sea Rule #3: Acknowledge the enemy but keep your eyes on the Lord.
  • Holly and Vanessa came up with a very creative plan for decorating the office window to advertise for the Holiday Market which involved me going by The Educator after work. Just walking in that place makes me want to create a bulletin board design!
  • Heartbeat ladies (plus Christi and Maria) met up at the Palace Theater in Clearview Mall to see The Intern (Robert de Niro and Anne Hathaway). Good stuff.
  • Allen flew to Dallas for the Texas Youth Conclave and, after teaching two sessions this afternoon, went back to his room and spent the evening with fever and throwing up. :(






No comments: