Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Begging God a little deeper

So much for the 31-day challenge. Yesterday came and went and I didn't write.

But I did finally go see War Room. What a STRONG reminder that I better stop trying to figure out all the ills of the world around me and start focusing more on the One who is best equipped to fight the battles raging around us! I loved watching Priscilla Shirer stretch herself as an actress and maybe got a little TOO tickled at Beth Moore's cameo appearances as Mandy, a co-worker at the real estate company!

I found myself today begging God a little deeper for the souls of a couple of people I love who aren't walking with Him. I pleaded for a particular situation to be redeemed and for the inevitable pain to be quick and, instead of bringing anger and resentment, that it would result in healing and rest. I asked for discernment, contentment, and productivity in my tasks for the day AND for this evening. I did not -- and DO NOT -- want to walk in my own understanding ... instead, I desire to be a Proverbs 3 Woman and trust the Lord with all my heart ... in all my ways, acknowledge Him so he can direct my paths (v. 5-6).

And I prayed for my husband. In the words of Mrs. Clara, "My job is not the heavy lifting. That is His job." So I asked the Lord to do for Allen what only God can do!

Because John 10:10 is one of my life verses, I perked up when the two main women in the movie talked about it several times. "The thief comes to steal, kill, and destroy, but I have come that you might have life -- life to the fullest" (Jesus). Follow this verse up with James 4:7 "Submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you."

I can't have life to the fullest with the enemy stealing, killing, and destroying! I'm thankful for the Kendrick brothers writing and producing this movie to give me a vivid visual of the power of submissive, confessional prayer.



No comments: