Monday, February 6, 2012

How are you praying?

How are you praying these days? No, not who are you praying for, but how are you praying for those God has put on your heart and in your life?

I am intrigued by Paul’s directive in Colossians 1, a challenge to get beyond “God bless so-and-so” to praying for specific knowledge and specific evidence of His presence in each life.

So what does this look like? Check out verses 9-13. How about we pray for our friend to be filled with the knowledge of God’s will? And, with this knowledge, that she will live a life worthy of the Lord and please Him in every way?

We then can pray that this will be evidenced by her bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to His glorious might, and joyfully giving thanks to the Father.

I join Paul in challenging you to pray this over at least one friend for the next week. I expect that you, like me, will be anxious to see how God will impact this person’s life because you have regularly lifted her name up in prayer. And, if you can’t think of anyone specific, then feel free to pray these verses for me … I welcome the coverage.

Let me know if you would like me to pray these verses over you (judiajackson@gmail.com).

No comments: