Monday, January 18, 2010

Are they really gone?

As of mid-morning today, both kids are officially back to college. Sarah left two weeks ago, but surprised us with a quick visit yesterday to take advantage of the MLK holiday. Aaron packed up his things last night in the biggest hurry I've seen him in in over a month, and is looking ahead to his fourth semester at LSU.

Quiet. No TV on in the background. No random phone ringing somewhere in the house. It's quiet, and I'm loving it.

Don't get me wrong. I really do like having my kids around, at least when they are choosing to be around and not just using us for a pit stop between things. But most of the time we're the pit stop. And that's something that's hard to get used to. Still.

Don't ask me what I'll do to fill the time now that they're gone. I've got more than enough on my plate for the next two weeks. So, for now, I'll enjoy the quiet, try to check something off my to-do list, and get ready for my own semester.

They'll be back before I know it!

No comments: